Join our team
European Diplomats offers internships for anyone interested in policy research or government affairs. Gain the opportunity to work in a start-up environment with an international, collaborative team working across Europe.
Business-to-Government Relationships Intern (remote)
ABOUT EUROPEAN DIPLOMATS OÜ
European Diplomats aims to become a well-known and trustworthy partner for companies and public institutions that seek contact with decision-makers in political institutions and give them the opportunity to talk about their business to generate win-win situations. With Associates in Berlin, Brussels, London, and Tallinn, we provide expertise, experience, and reach across multiple parts of the world. To ensure the success of our clients we navigate them through the political structure of governments and ministries to ensure having discussions with the right people at the right time.
European Diplomats is offering an internship of at least three months to assist the team with research, monitoring and liaising.
- An introduction to the world of international development and the freedom to build a network of ministerial and diplomatic contacts
- Experience with local EU representatives, on behalf of European Diplomats
- Understanding of how a pan-European office environment functions with a diverse team who are very experienced at ensuring interns get hands-on work experience
- Working in a fast-paced, young start-up, with the knowledge and expertise of big agencies
- The opportunity to work with an international organisation, offering experience and capacity building in a number of different activities
- An office environment in which to practice your English skills (if English is not your native language).
- Good English skills (oral and written)
- Confident use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Confident communicator
- Good research skills
- Great team player
- Time management skills
- Ability to appropriately prioritise tasks
- Interest in communications, public and government affairs, and politics
- German, Italian, French and Spanish preferred, but any other language a plus
- Some experience in public/government affairs or lobbying
- Understanding of European political systems
- International development work
- Policy monitoring
- Press monitoring
- Tender monitoring
- Policy research
- Blog writing
- Assisting with client account management
- Market research
- Meeting documentation
- Organisation of seminars and events
- Office administration.
Are you interested?
If you think that you would be a good fit for this position submit a CV and short covering letter to: email@example.com
The interns are well integrated in whatever is happening at European Diplomats. Working side-by-side with the more experienced colleagues taught me a lot.
My internship at European Diplomats was extremely insightful. I am grateful to have worked alongside experienced colleagues and learn as much as possible from everyone.
My internship at European Diplomats gave me responsibilities from day one. I was well supported meaning that I was able to develop and acquire a whole range of skills.
My internship experience at Europen Diplomats was truly exceptional. The opportunity to work alongside such a talented and supportive team provided me with invaluable insights, skills, and experiences.
Working as an intern at European Diplomats has been an invaluable experience that has exceeded my expectations. Throughout my internship, I was given the opportunity to contribute to various projects, allowing me to gain hands-on experience in diplomatic negotiations, policy analysis, and international affairs.
During my time at European Diplomats, I had the opportunity to learn a lot and collaborate with an amazing team of people and clients. European Diplomats place great emphasis on fostering a supportive and inclusive work environment. The team members are genuinely compassionate individuals who value teamwork and collaboration. This positive atmosphere greatly contributed to my personal and professional growth during my time with the company. It was an honour to be part of such an esteemed organization.
Annual Report for the Humboldt University Centre for British Studies
European Diplomats is proud to be able to say that we have been able to gain recognition from various universities around the world for our part in their students’ education. Among them is the prestigious Humboldt University in Berlin whereby we have been included in their Annual Report as one of their most successful internship placement providers.